Thursday, August 28, 2008

So it's been a few weeks since I blogged - I'm having trouble actually committing to this (as I seem to for many things that will be good for me!). This is a good way for me to write regularly, and I hope you see more blogs as I fall into the rhythm here.

Well I'm consumed with the Democratic National Convention. I'm really enjoying watching the speeches and I vacillate between extremely hopeful and extremely fearful. I hope, more than anything, this country is ready for a leader operating from a pluralistic/Integral world view, as I see Obama doing. There are many many people still out there living the mythic world view and those are the ones I fear. Fortunately (and I believe much of the reason McCain is not supported heavily by the GOP), McCain while still a bit mythic, seems to operate from a rational world view. At least the early McCain did so. This McCain we see in this election does seem to have regressed into the mythic - perhaps simply to increase his chances of getting elected. He seems to miss the point that what many people (and especially independents who seem to be more in the rational/pluralistic world view) always admired about "Maverick McCain" was his ability to leave that mythic viewpoint behind and operate more rationally and pluralistically.

I do believe all of this will help elect Obama. He is different from a typical politician and I hope he doesn't cave to the status quo. He has that vision, that higher level of world view, and that is what we need to bring humanity along further instead of leaving it behind floundering in the quagmire of antiquated thinking and acting.

It was good to see Clinton finally releasing his ego a little and endorsing Obama. It kills me to hear these GOP pundits saying the Clintons will vote for McCain behind closed doors. I want to remind them that not all politicians are just in it for the win - Bill and Hillary really do want the world they were campaigning for and a vote for McCain would be ridiculous and against that vision. They may not be happy it isn't Hillary in the Whitehouse, but they know Obama's vision is much closer to the ideals they want. What cynics!

Well, I'm off to work on my classes. See you next time!

No comments: